Monday, June 7, 2010

Change.

I'm a huge believer that every 3-6 months, everyone experiences a good amount of change. It's like our version of shedding skin. But it certainly ebbs an flows, lots of things happen at once and the they draw back into hiding for another several months.

For me, it's my time of change, I can feel it in my bones! So friends and family, I'm moving. Just a little further into Brooklyn is all, but in New York especially, any move is a monumental one. It's like, how can I pack up all my things which are jammed into this little space, and figure out how to get them into that other little space less than a mile away? It doesn't sound hard, but if you lived here you'd definitely understand where the head scratching commences.

It's a bittersweet deal for me, since my current roommates have been nothing but butter and baconfat to me. (In my world, that's close to godliness). I've spent more time here than any place since I've moved out of my parents house to go to college, so I know that I'll leave with a slightly heavy heart. Then again, I'll be living in the perfectly befitting (for me) area of Carroll Gardens, surrounded by friends and brownstones and the Frankie's empire and ice cream parlors. So, I don't think I'll be sad for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment